Free Shredding & Compost Giveaway Event on June 11
It is time for the highly anticipated Free Shredding and Compost Giveaway! The Costa Mesa Sanitary District, in partnership with CR&R and the City of Costa Mesa, is hosting a free drive-thru shredding and compost giveaway event on Saturday, June 11 from 8 AM to 12 PM at Estancia High School located at 2323 Placentia Ave.
- Residents can drop off up to 5 standard file boxes of paper per household.
- Event staff will unload the boxes from the attendee's vehicle and take them to the shredding machines operated by Southern California Shredding. All documents dropped off at the event will be shredded on-site and will not be left unattended at any time.
Accepted Not Accepted White & colored paper
Manila folders (with/without metal prongs)
Binders & binder clips
Electronics: CDs, hard drives, cell phones, batteries, etc.
Hanging file folders
Metal, plastic, glass, etc.
- Residents can take home up to 2 bags of compost per household while supplies last. Event staff will load compost bags into the attendee's vehicle.
- A limited amount of kitchen pails will be available to District customers upon request while supplies last.
- Proof of Costa Mesa residency is required. Attendees must stay in their vehicles throughout the event.
“We’re proud to offer composting and recycling access to our customers,” said General Manager of CMSD, Scott Carroll. “Our goal is to make composting and recycling easy for residents and to keep recyclable items out of landfills. Thank you to CR&R and our CMSD staff for organizing this highly requested event and we look forward to seeing you there!”
Please note that the event will end promptly at 12 PM and no entries will be permitted after that time. We hope to see you there and if you have any further questions, please email us at email@example.com.