Christmas Tree Collection
Christmas tree collection and recycling will occur from December 26, 2022 through January 6, 2023.
- Trees are collected on the same day as your regular weekly trash collection. (Note: There is NO HOLIDAY DELAY in trash collection this year, since Christmas and New Year's Day both fall on Sundays.)
- Trees must be completely bare to be eligible for collection and recycling.
- Remove all ornaments, lights, tinsel and the tree stand. Do not bag trees in plastic.
- Trees taller than 6 feet must be cut in half.
- Flocked trees cannot be recycled; therefore they must be placed in the Mixed Waste Cart.
- On collection day, place your tree on the ground next to your trash containers.
- Trees are taken to CR&R's Anaerobic Digestion Facility to be converted into renewable natural gas, which is used to fuel CR&R's collection fleet, and nutrient-rich compost that is distributed to residents at our annual Compost Giveaway event.
For inquiries or missed pickups, please contact CR&R at (949) 646-4617, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., or submit an online request.