Christmas Tree Collection
Christmas tree collection will occur from January 2 - 16, 2024.
- Trees will be collected on your weekly trash collection day. Note: trash collection will be delayed by 1 day during the week of New Year's Day.
- Trees must be completely bare to be eligible for collection and recycling.
- Remove all ornaments, lights, tinsel and the tree stand.
- Do not bag trees in plastic.
- Trees taller than 6 feet must be cut in half.
- Flocked trees cannot be recycled; therefore they must be placed in the Mixed Waste Cart.
- On collection day, place your tree on the ground next to your trash containers.
Trees are recycled into renewable natural gas, which is used to fuel CR&R's collection fleet, and nutrient-rich compost that is distributed to residents at our annual Compost Giveaway event.To report a missed tree pickup, please contact CR&R at (949) 646-4617, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., or submit an online request.