Household Hazardous Waste Collection
Additionally, HHW pickups can be scheduled online through our Service Requests feature. Simply select "Trash," "Household Hazardous Waste," enter your address and the list of items that you would like collected, and provide your contact information. You will be notified of your scheduled pickup date through your provided method of contact.
*Please note that only CMSD solid waste customers are eligible for this program. Residents who use dumpsters at their property are not eligible for this program, as they are not CMSD solid waste customers.
Acceptable Household Hazardous Waste materials include:
- Electronic Waste: televisions, computer-related items, printers, copiers, cell phones, stereos, speakers, scanners, cables, and other small appliances
- Universal Waste: household batteries, fluorescent tubes/bulbs, mercury-containing/neon/high intensity discharge/metal halide/sodium bulbs, mercury thermostats, electrical switches, pilot light sensors, mercury gauges, and emptied aerosol cans.
- Cleaning Products: aerosols, bathroom cleaners, chlorine bleach, solvents, spot removers, oven cleaners, run and floor cleaners, furniture polish, and drain cleaners.
- Automobile Maintenance Products: car waxes, starting fluids, solvent cleaners, antifreeze, repair products, batteries, brake fluid, motor oil, and gasoline.
- Home Improvement Products: oil based stains and paints, liquid latex paint, caulking, varnish, paint thinners, chemical strippers, contact cement fire extinguishers, kerosene, lighter fluid, and pool chemicals.
- Personal Care Items: nail polish and remover, and hair color.
- Pet Care Items: flea collars and sprays.
- Lawn/Garden Care: weed and pest killers, insect repellents, insecticides, herbicides, fungicides, and other lawn chemicals.
- Sharps: needles and syringes.
If you are NOT a CMSD Solid Waste Customer:
- HHW can be disposed of for FREE at any of the four (4) Orange County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facilities. Learn more HERE.