Large Item Collection
To schedule a pickup, please call CR&R Customer Service at (949) 646-4617 Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m or submit an online request. Please note that CR&R drivers will not collect any items that are not specified at the time the pick-up is scheduled. Items will be picked up by a separate truck from the weekly trash collection truck.
Before disposing of usable items, please consider donating them to local thrift stores. You can receive a receipt for tax purposes, assist those less fortunate, and give your items a second life.
Accepted: (as long as items do not exceed 8 x 4 ft. or 150 lbs.)
- Appliances (refrigerators, ranges, washers, dryers, water heaters, dishwashers, plumbing, small household appliances, and other similar products known as "white goods")
- Contained yard debris, green waste, and small pieces of wood limited to 1 cubic yard
- Furniture (chairs, sofas, mattresses, rugs, etc.)
- Scrap metal (including, but not limited to aluminum, iron, stainless steel, and copper)
- Other similar items that are not specifically excluded below
- Building materials
- Car bodies
- Chemicals and hazardous waste
- Sand or sandbags
- Items larger than 8 x 4 ft. or heavier than 150 lbs. (i.e. items that cannot be lifted by 2 people)
Please note: residents who use dumpsters are not eligible for this program. If you need to dispose of a large/bulky item and you currently utilize dumpster service for your weekly trash pick-up, please call your contracted waste hauler to arrange a pickup. The name and phone number of the trash hauler are usually listed on the dumpster. To learn more about how you can dispose of specific items, such as mattresses, check out our "What do I do with..." webpage.